Both kids assume that life is cyclical - you start out as a baby, grow to Mommy and Daddy's age, then return to the baby stage. In some ways that may be true...but I digress! Here's an example of some of the rationale:
Claire: "Mommy, when you be a baby, I'll take care of you."
They have also been known to believe that people can become dogs, and vice versa:
Will: "When Annie and Maggie be a baby, they can wear diapers!"
And lastly, one's life cycle might also include a change of gender:
Claire: When Will be a girl, he can wear my wedding shoes."
The best was loudly proclaimed at Costco today when I let Claire pick out an Easter dress:
Will: "[wail] I WANT A DREEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!"
Me: No honey, they don't have your size.
Then we spotted those DARN tutus with leggings that are STILL for sale...
Will: "I want a TUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"
Me: No, sweetie, those are for big kids"
Will: "[wail with a high-pitched lilt at the end]"
He eventually calmed down and reasoned that "when I'm Claire, then I can have a dress!!!"
As soon as we got home, Claire put on her Easter dress, complete with princess crown, and shared her beloved pink tutu (I thought the day would never come). Here's the result:

I guess I have a Princess Boy too! -> Click here to read about the original Princess Boy
~K
Then we spotted those DARN tutus with leggings that are STILL for sale...
Will: "I want a TUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"
Me: No, sweetie, those are for big kids"
Will: "[wail with a high-pitched lilt at the end]"
He eventually calmed down and reasoned that "when I'm Claire, then I can have a dress!!!"
As soon as we got home, Claire put on her Easter dress, complete with princess crown, and shared her beloved pink tutu (I thought the day would never come). Here's the result:

I guess I have a Princess Boy too! -> Click here to read about the original Princess Boy
~K



No comments:
Post a Comment