Sunday, October 4, 2009

Trip to Switzerland

Hi all! We got back from our trip to Switzerland last Sunday, and I think we're finally back on a schedule! The kids now wake up a little earlier (7:30, so I'm not complaining!), but it's ok. I can start my day earlier than 10:00 am!

We had a great time in Switzerland (of course). It was busy, with seeing friends and squeezing in a trip to the French side for a few days as well. An old coworker and friend of John's (who also has twins) offered to let us stay with them, and we had a great little "suite" on the bottom floor of their home. We had a basement room, and the kids slept in the bomb shelter :) They did really well too, and managed to take all of their afternoon naps in the stroller. Good for us, no wasting time!

We spent a couple of days in the Zurich area, then traveled to Lausanne, Fribourg, Neuchatel and Yverdon-Les-Bains. We had a little trouble speaking to the people there though. It appears that a lot of the German Swiss speak other languages, but the French Swiss only speak French. I had to use some primitive sign language a couple of times. It's been a while since I had to do that (oh wait, I have to do that once a month with our cleaning lady - I MUST learn Spanish!). After the short trip to those places, we headed back to the Zurich area for a few more days of fun.

Here are our pictures from the trip - enjoy!
Switzerland Trip 2009

Oh, and one more thing - for those Twilight fans out there, I saw Rosalie, Emmett and Victoria in Switzerland while we were walking around! Ok, not really, but they were clones!!

No comments: