...you pour milk on your cereal, and someone shouts, "I wanna tinkle in the potty!!"
I'm back!! After my eventful "trip to Wales", I've gotten everything fixed, reported, re-passworded, changed, etc. WHEW! Thankfully I'm not one to sprinkle my SS and bank account numbers everywhere, so nothing was actually affected except for my poor contact list!!
The kids didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary, and unfortunately, they didn't even get a nice trip to Wales out of it ;) They're too busy learning how to tinkle on the potty anyway. Claire loves it, and has almost trained herself with #1. #2 seems to be on the horizon, but I'm not in a rush - as you can see above, I'd like to enjoy non-soggy cereal for a little while longer! We've gone from giving one M&M when there's a "try", to two M&M's for a big tinkle and one M&M for a dribble (Will usually drips in the potty, and then empties his bladder in the bathtub!). Now we've introduced the promise of THREE M&M's for #2. Hasn't worked yet, but like I said, I'm not in a hurry. Their preschool doesn't require it, and they actually help out, from what I've been told. Yippee!!
On the subject of preschool, they start in just under a month! August 24th is D-Day for mommy - I'm going to have to plan something fun for myself so I'm not so sad! I'm actually thinking of restarting my pottery classes on one of their school days (Tues/Thurs), so that'll occupy me :) We also have some friends from Switzerland that just moved to Houston, and the wife plays golf!! I'm so excited. It's so hard to find a couple to play golf with, because mostly the wife doesn't play. Back to preschool...I've ordered the nap mats, purchased the lunch bags, and I will be picking up the immunization records tomorrow. Where has the time gone?? My babies are growing up. And although it make me sad, I love watching it happen!!
Lately, they've been pretending. They're quite good, and seem to have great imaginations. Flamingo and Monkey (from the Build-a-Bear workshop) have learned how to tinkle in the potty, and have had a few episodes of "throwing up" and needing a "bath" and their clothes "washed". You see what they remember??? Hilarity ensued the day that John went into the half bath, and two little people rushed the closed door shouting, "Daddy, push your penis in!!" You can tell what I've been instructing our son to do while he's sitting ;) The one that cracked me up the most, was the day that Claire accidentally pooped a little while she was tinkling in the potty. Will started telling me, "Claire has chicken in her bottom". I couldn't figure out what this was until I inspected the contents of the toilet, and there was the "chicken". Oh the joys of potty training twins...
Lastly, I've been occupying my time with various tasks for Leah's wedding. I volunteered to make her invitations (pictures WILL be posted, I promise!), which is not hard for me. Time consuming maybe, but I'm quite comfortable with paper crafts. I also volunteered to do her flowers, based on my "experience" putting together some Gerbera daisy bouquets for my friend Kara's wedding. I started to panic a little the other day, so I went online to see if I could take a class or something. Unfortunately, most classes are about flower arranging, and not wedding bouquet making. Enter YouTube...voila!! This awesome lady who owns a flower shop in California has put together a series of videos about how to make bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, etc. I love her! She has made me realize that I CAN do this, I just need some inspiration. I've made a few sample bouquets with 1/2 price fake flowers from Hobby Lobby and a dozen clearance roses from Kroger. I'll post those pictures. Not too bad, if I may say so myself!
Off to put the kids to bed - pictures will be posted this afternoon!
~K
Caterpillars! :)
14 years ago



1 comment:
OMG!!! "Push your penis in" made me laugh out loud! Thanks for the new post and for the much needed laughter!
Post a Comment