Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Busy bees!

Hi all, I'm back from a busy few weeks! And before I forget, I caught up on all the 365 pictures you've been missing. I have a couple of holes, but I did my best. The biggest hole is when the kids were snotty, so it's best that you don't see pictures of that anyway :)

Remember when I told you I had met a lady in the local library and offered my organizational and technical services to her charity? Well, it's ramped up! In fact, I've created her website, Facebook page, and several documents and...DATABASES for her already (sorry, I know that's geeky, but those of you who love me know how I feel about those :) ) Here's the website in case you want to check it out: http://www.thediaperfoundation.org

Hope, the founder, is such a nice lady, and is extremely understanding about my need to put the kids first. So far, it's been great!

Anyway, now that the website is created, things have calmed down and I'm able to get back on here. Most of you know I also took my first overnight trip away from the kids! It was a bit hard, and I've never been nervous during the takeoff and landing of a plane before, but my biggest concern was leaving my babies without a mother. Unrealistic, I know, but I'm human (or needless worry runs in my family, one or the other!). It was a great trip to see Aunt Kathy (John's aunt), and I only went because I deemed seeing her to be at least as exciting as it was sad to leave the kiddos. Now I'm planning a trip with my friend Renee in April, but I don't know how much more I can do this for a while. I am mostly accustomed to the kids traveling with us, and I have a desire to continue that. I want them to be well-traveled children!

I can't think of too much to report about the kids, except that Elise will be happy to know that their favorite color appears to be orange. Also, Will hums the ABC's song all the time, and sometimes just repeats one word for all the lyrics. Claire has attached herself to a stuffed pig from Aunt Leah as well. We've found a preschool for them, and they'll start in August - can I do it? YES I CAN!! At least, I'll work on preparing myself by August :)

The kids are awake now, and Aunt Leah is coming over for dinner - I'll sign off for now, with a promise to be back soon! (Don't forget to check out the new pictures...)

~K

No comments: