
We haven't done anything too exciting lately, as we're just waiting for the babies to come out. We did head to Bern on Friday to get John some more passport pages - not trying to rub it in (sorry, Kirk & Elise!!), but he ran out of room for stamps. Funny enough, mailing it to Zurich (20 minutes away) would take 2 weeks, but if we drove to the actual embassy, they could do it in 10 minutes. We figured it might be a nice drive, and we could see what the capitol of Switzerland looked like. The town was nice, and not as big as Zurich...a little more quaint with cuter architecture, I thought. Unfortunately, though, I had some pretty high expectations for the US Embassy, mostly thanks to the movies. You always see people running towards this gorgeous US Embassy screaming, "OPEN THE GATES!! OPEN THE GATES!!" and whoever it is barely squeaks through a crack in the gates before the bad guys get them. Not so in Bern :) It was a pretty plain white building, it sort of looked like a high school built in the 60's. John said it wasn't all that neat on the inside either, it looked like the inside of a DMV. Oh well. We did have a couple of highlights - I wasn't really welcome in there since I didn't really have any business to do, so I waited in a cafe behind the embassy and watched a guy videotape another guy ice skating. It was actually more comical than anything, since the guy being taped looked like the 80's version of George Michael, complete with the hair, the blazer, and the highwater pants :) John got to use the restroom on "US soil" while in the embassy, so I don't know who got the better experience!
Signing off for now, have a great week!
~K



No comments:
Post a Comment